MAG Gear Oil (80W90) & 85W140 (GL5) is an extreme pressure multi-grade gear oil which is based upon highly refined mineral oils and incorporate extreme pressure additives, corrosion and oxidation inhibitors and anti-foam agents. It is developed for the lubrication of spiral bevel and hypoid differentials, it is also suitable for the lubrication of manual transmissions where the manufacturer recommends the use of oil to API GL5 performance level. Gear oil with multi-grade characteristics give wide operating temperature performance.
- Provides the greatest gear protection available.
- Reduce differential and gearbox temperatures.
- Increase differential and gearbox durability.
- Rapid lubrication even in a very cold weather.
- Improved shifting in manual transmission.
- Provide improved drive train efficiency.
- Prevents foaming even at high speed.
- Low corrosiveness reduces synchronizer wear.
- Stable even at elevated temperatures.
- Can be used in limited-slip and regular differentials.
- Suitable for competition and street use.
- Compatible with petroleum and other synthetics.
- Compatible with seals designed for petroleum.
- Allow extended drains in non-warranty vehicle.
Typical Technical Properties
|Physical Characteristics||Test Method||Typical Value|
|Specific Gravity at60/60F°||ASTM D-1298||0.90||0.89|
|Kinematic Viscosity , cst|
|At 40C° cst||ASTM D-445||355.0||150|
|At 100C° cst||28.0||17.5|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D-2270||95||110|
|Flash Point, COC, C°||ASTM D-92||230||210|
|Pour Point, C°||ASTM D-97||-18|